Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Movin on Up / Intro & First Post September 13, 2009

Ok, so I'm "moving" my CarePage over to this blog.  This used to be my OnlineAuction blog, but since I can't seem to blog as much about that as I do about having to deal with the breast cancer bs, figured I'd go ahead & start moving the posts.  Apparently, some people are put off by having to have a membership to view the Care Page.  Even though they really don't ask for any super personal info, some peeps just ain't gonna give any.  Over here, not a problem, so I'm slowly but surely moving toward this blog. This could take some time.  So here goes.  The following is my "Intro" from the CarePage. 

INTRO:
Sept 13, 2009
I'm a super young at heart 40 year old. I just turned the Big 4-0 & on June 30 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. My breast lump did NOT show up on a DIGITAL mammogram. So FEEL YOUR BOOBIES ladies! As of today, I've had 3 surgeries & 1 of 6 rounds of chemo.
I am super fortunate to be able to live with & work together with my husband, who is also my best friend.  We have a great time together.
We have no children. We ARE the kids!



First Post: 

1st Update...Better Late Than Never...

Posted Sep 13, 2009 5:48pm
Ok, so, I'm a little late in setting up this page, but the FUN seems to be just now starting, so here we go. I was diagnosed with breast cancer on June 30. July 1 I was in front of the surgeon. July 9 I had the Lumpectomy surgery and 15 Lymph Nodes were removed. July 15 the surgeon says we didn't get the clear margin and we gotta do it again, and 4 of the Nodes were positive for cancer. Oh yay. July 23 was the reincision. Got the clear margin this time. But thanks to the stupid lymph nodes and the fact that my cancer was HER+, I bought the chemo ticket. August 20 I got the MediPort put in.

That's the Reader's Digest version. Lemme hit some hilights for ya. Other than tonsills at 3 years old, I'd never had surgery before. So yeah, I was pretty much high maintenance at the hospital. All 3 times. Once you're told you have breast cancer, nothing is the same and you begin a rollercoaster feelin kinda life. All the pre-surgery testing. Sentinal Node Injection was the hardest thing for me...didn't care for that one bit. I'd rather have a surgery than go through that again. Google it. I'm trying to forget about it! LOL!

So, as I sit here typing this on September 13, my long hair is coming out by the handfuls. I washed it for the last time today. I had my 1st of 6 rounds of chemo on August 27. My side effects have been very mild thus far. The biggest problem I'm having is the hair loss thing. Y'all that know me know that I totally love having long hair. So I did mourn a bit...not just the loss of my hair, but I think I was also mourning our Before Cancer life. But I'm now at peace with it. May as well be cause it is what it is.

Today I'm just so grateful because I'm gonna be fine. All of my CT Scans showed no spread. So in my mind, I've already beat it. Just gonna make sure I don't have to do it again is all.

So my total treatment is: 6 rounds of chemo - 4 hour sessions, - 3 weeks apart, 1 year of Herceptin, 5 1/2 weeks of daily radiation will start right after the 6 chemos are done and then I'll take some medication for 5 years.

So, welcome to my Blog. Here y'all can all keep up with me winning this battle. Like I said, I've already won!

No comments: