Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Posted Feb 12, 2010 Muskrat is Makin a Comeback!

Muskrat is Makin a Comeback!

Posted Feb 12, 2010 5:00pm
So I finished the "regular radiation" on Wednesday, and had my first "boost" yesterday, Thursday. Would have had my second of 8 boosts today except for the fact that our area got buried under an unexpected freakin foot of snow! So the cancer center didn't open today. So now, instead of taking the last boost on Feb 22, it looks like it will now be on the 23rd.

So that makes 2 dates pushed back. This stuff just does NOT want me to finish it seems! But I will. I'm approaching the halfway point of "active treatment", which will be at the end of this month. Or, now, first week of March, thanks to the Herceptin getting delayed a week last time.
Still not sure if I'm going to have to go back to the hospital for the next Herceptin, or what. Guess I won't find out till the day. Doc told me to just show up for my appointment at 9, even though I've been told I must be at the hospital by 8. Doc said to just come to the cancer center & see him first, and if I gotta go to the hospital, he'll send me on and they will take me, that "we do this all the time." Soooooo, let's all hope that the insurance paperwork is going through quickly, cause I believe the stupid insurance deductible will have been met. Just has to LOOK like it in the records. I sooooo don't wanna have to go back to the hospital!

Anyway, so the boosts are just concentrated raditation to one specific spot...my tumor site. It's much quicker too. Skin seems to have held up very well. We'll see how the boost site does by the end.

Here's an interesting thing about radiation. Even though I lay on my back, and radiation is delivered to my front boobie and under arm area, would you believe that the upper quarter of my back is now all nice and tanned? Yep, from my spine all the way across my shoulder blade....so apparently this stuff goes all the way through ya! Wow! Gotta be killin off somethin! Hey, bein alive ain't for sissies! LOL!

My hair is starting to really grow now. Still doin the wig thing at school, and the bandana thing when just out and about, but I can see it shouldn't be too terribly much longer till I can go au naturale! I will not love the look of a butch 'do, but it'll have to do for a 'do. I mean, any hair is better than no hair. Eyebrows are basically back, just need to get a bit more length so they'll lay down. Lashes are about 40% of the length they were, but at least they all seem to be growin back in. And all the other hair is returnin. Yep, my muskrat is makin a comeback! LOL! Not sure I'm ever gonna be able to tolerate shavin under that arm. It's still all ICK feelin!

Anyway, that's about it for now. Enjoyin a nice snow day off. Hubs and I did go outside & throw snowballs at each other for awhile and I dug out my wax myrtle tree...not sure it's gonna make it, but I had to try to save it.

New pics posted are of the fabulous IMRT (I think) raditation machine that has been savin (cookin?) my bacon since January,


Ok, thanks for all those comments. They always do bring smiles! Hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments: