Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Posted Jul 25, 2010 A Year With NED & a Couple of Wet Muskrats

A Year With NED & a Couple of Wet Muskrats

Posted Jul 25, 2010 11:43am
So here's a little "in between treatments" update. On Friday, July 23, I celebrated spending the last year with NED. No Evidence of Disease. It's the term the docs prefer these days, rather than saying "remission". I think they reserve use of that word till you've gone several years with NED. I dunno. Only Dr. L has used the word remission with me. So anyway, yeah, July 23 a year ago I had that second surgery to try to get that clear margin, and Dr. V did get it that time, so I just assume that to be my "c-free anniversary" date.

The day after the last update, where I showed that ridiculous "hairdo" my stylist did, I got to messin around with it and came up with something else.
Hair Regrowth After Chemo - July 2010

Still don't like it. But it's better that the orange peel on the cat's head look. Wish I could like the look of short hair on me, but I just do not like it.

And I also washed my 2 most worn wigs for the last time. Thought I'd share what that looks like with y'all too. I call them "2 wet muskrats".

Haven't yet put them away. I can still wear them, it's just so hot. But if we were to go out somewhere and I just want to look more like "ME", I might wear the long one. I dunno...maybe being paranoid again, but I just feel like I need to keep them accessible till the mediport is removed.

We went to our new classroom and did some cleaning and arranging of things. Our graduate & good friend G came up and helped out. Fun seeing him. He's off to college in the fall.

Ok, so yeah, nothin really to report. Hot, long, dog days of summer. And 2 Herceptins to go.
Thanks for checkin in.
xx

No comments: