Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sept 16, 2009 7:37pm: "I Think I Made Friends With My Wig Today"

I Think I Made Friends With My Wig Today

Posted Sep 16, 2009 7:37pm
So I went back to work today. Came across several people who didn't know we had the cancer thing goin on. They commented that they liked my new hairdo!! One lady I don't even know said she liked my hair and wants to grow hers out into a similar style!! Yep Laurie, you were totally right! That didn't take long! So now that I've gone through what I feared would be the worst side effect of chemo, and I can see now that I can totally live with it and it is so doable, I feel like I can now be my regular, happy, upbeat self again....finally! =D

So tomorrow is chemo round 2 of 6. BOOORRRIIINNNGG!!! Not looking forward to the chemo brain and the other side effects I got. But if I'm lucky, they'll be mild like last time. Hoping the hair loss to be the worst side effect.

And finally, let me just say this: I had breast cancer. HAD being the key word here. They took the cancer out of my body in July. In August I got all clear CT and Bone Scans. So, I don't have cancer anymore. I'm still fighting cancer. And winning! =D

No comments: