Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Monday, February 14, 2011

2 Down....

And 2 to go.  That appointment with Dr W sure caused a bit of a freak out.  What doesn't with me, right?  So anyway, I get there, hubs meets me there.  And the blood is drawn & we're waiting in the exam room.  Ususally Dr W comes in after about 10 - 15 minutes.  You know how you just know the doc is about to come in the room, cause you hear him pull your chart out of the thingy by the door?  Well, I heard him, or somebody, pull the chart.  But then he didn't come in.  And he didn't come in & didn't come in & didn't come in.  For about another 30 frickin minutes!!  So, of course I'm all like, "OMG, OMG, OMG, something's wrong...something on the X-ray or the blood....OMG, OMG, OMG." 

So then he FINALLY comes in & was apologetic.  Apparently he was still diggin out from all the reschedules that happened over the last 2 weeks from the ice & snow, & he had been behind all day.  And then at some point during that day there was some sort of altercation with a patient which involved police! (Wow, someone threw a bigger fit than I did last January 2010!) And this took up some time. 

I was just like, WTF ever, HOW did the X-ray look?!  He said that the X-ray looked good & that my blood work was "beautiful".  I love havin "beautiful" blood work.  

So, armed with this info, I will be a bit more at ease at the next test, which is the mammogram.  But possibly not so at east at the one that follows that - the pelvic sonogram.  Hopefully Tamoxifen is gettin along with my uterus just fine & not causing any thickening of the lining.  

And THEN after all that, I get to go back to the Endocrinologist's, Dr F, for MORE blood work.  He says (& Dr W agrees) we gotta get to the bottom of what's causing the Parathyroid Hormone issues.  Jeez.  More labs.  More $$.  More gettin poked at.
BUT, having the good news about the chest X-ray has pretty much kept me smilin.  :)

No comments: