Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Celebrate. Remember. Fight Back.

So, we did the Relay for Life again this year.  It was moved indoors due to stormy weather in the forcast.  It was a great event.  We didn't stay all night though.  Maybe next year.  

I liked the shirt for this one better than last year's too. 



Celebrate. Remember. Fight Back.

I still can't believe I own a Survivor shirt.

Sooooooo, I do have much to celebrate.  Especially over the next couple of months.  My birthday is comin up.  I didn't used to care about celebratin that, but I sure do now. I'm also finally takin a vacation trip back home to Savannah.  Should be tons of celebratin while we're there! ;)  My 2 Year "cancer-free", or rather, "No Evidence of Disease" (docs don't like to say you're ever "cancer free" anymore) is in July.  I'm told that's a major milestone in surviving breast cancer bs.  The docs all say that most of the time, if it's gonna come back, it will do it sooner rather than later...most times within 2 years. So yeah, might wanna have a bit of a celebration on that day.  

Yes, after talkin with Dr W, & after a very good chat with Dr V, I've decided to go ahead & move forward with the stupid ass Genetic Testing.  I really should know if I have the BRCA1/BRCA2 gene.  It's doubtful that I will test positive.  But yeah, kinda need to know.  Cause if I do, I will have to Fight Back in the form of more surgeries.  But then I will have reduced my chance of having to go through future treatments dramatically.  Of course it's no guarantee.  But if I'm positive & do nothing, chances are pretty certain that I'll get it again.  And I think I'd rather Fight Back with a preemptive strike.  Yeah.  Kinda don't wanna do the chemo/radiation thing again.  So gonna be lining that up to be done. 

So that's the plan for now.  Celebrate.  Remember. FIGHT BACK.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about genetic testing, but I don't really know much about it. Maybe I'm just afraid. It's probably a no brainer... Mother-survivor, Grandmother-deceased, aunt-deceased, aunt-fighting currently, cousin-fighting currently... all on my mother's side, all breast cancer.
Some days I just feel like it's just a matter of time. So glad you are well. HUGS!

LunaTechChick said...

Hey Kimberly! Yeah, let's just get the damned test! Thanks for checkin on me! (((hugs)))