Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Another Year Over...

And a new one just begun....

Farewell 2014!

I'm not sure why I felt so strongly about doing a post as we see 2014 end and 2015 begin. I'm really not.  For O and me, this year has just been, well... Nothing really excellent, but nothing really terrible either. In breastcancerland, that would translate to a most excellent year, actually. There was almost a major life change, which would have ticked off my biggest bucket list item, (another post for another time) but it wasn't meant to be.

This year was quite eventful though, with so many memorable moments.  We lost so many (too many) beloved entertainers, had heartbreaking airline disasters, and the whole Ebola thing. But we also saw the world dancing to "Happy" and the Ice Bucket Challenge sweep the interwebs, to name just a (tiny) few.

When I look back on my year, I guess I'm just grateful that my health situation remains "No Evidence of Disease" as far as the docs can tell. I have been NED for 5 1/2 years, and this is my 6th New Year's since being diagnosed. I am so grateful to still be here, apparently healthy. So my word of the year, as it has been the last 5, is still "grateful".

Not really doing any resolutions again this year. Maybe just be hopeful that we move closer and faster to the cure...to prevention...so no one has to be part of that 30%.

Really, more than anything, I think I  just wanted to take a moment, before 2014 draws to a close, to say Thank You for reading and keeping up with us here. Thank you for caring.  Thank you for your continued support, words of encouragement, comments and conversation.

I have high hopes for 2015. Not just for myself, but for all who have had to live with or had their lives touched by cancer.

So, thanks again...and see you next year!





6 comments:

Paula said...

Happy New Year my fellow survivor! I had a bad year but at least it did not include the big "C". All that is behind me now so 2015 should be a good year. Not let me restate that. It WILL be a good year.

LunaTechChick said...

Happy New Year Paula!! Yes, may 2015 be a great year for us both!! Love ya! xx

Claudia Schmidt said...

Happy New Year, Luna Tech (love that name) and I too, echo your thoughts about hoping that in 2015 we all get closer to a cure. xo

LunaTechChick said...

Happy New Year Claudia! Thanks so much! I came up with the screen name cause I love love love the moon, so Luna, I was a boom microphone operator at the time, aka as an audio-tech, so Tech, & then Chick. A little Luna trivia there lol! Yea, may a cure finally be discovered, or better yet, PREVENTION, of bc & all cancer. Thanks for reading & commenting. :)

Nancy's Point said...

I'm glad you got your post out! I'm taking a little break, but hope to be back at it next week. A quiet year post diagnosis is as you said, a most excellent year actually. I don't do resolutions either, but still, I have lots of plans for the New Year. I am happy to have come to 'know' you better this past year and I look forward to reading more of your posts in 2015. Happy New Year! Keep writing!

LunaTechChick said...

Hi Nancy!! I am also very happy to "know" you! And super honored that a real writer with talent even reads & comments on my mostly drivel-laden, ranty posts! So thanks so much! I look forward to more on Nancy's Point. Happy New Year! May we have another "uneventful" one! ;)