Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Should I Stay Or Should I Go Now?

"This indecision's buggin' me..."

I moved away from home at 18.  It was a mistake.  I've known it was for about 15 years now.  I'm trying to correct it.  When the time is right.

Well...ok, maybe it was NOT actually a mistake, since, had I not moved away, I would have never made it to Texas, and would have never met my hubs. Which has been the BEST thing about having moved to Texas for me. (And the Mexican food...but I digress...lol!) 

So, mistake or not, it HAD to happen. 

And we've always said, there will come a time when we will return to my beloved Georgia. And O has always been willing to take that leap of faith with me. Right thing to do? Is it another "mistake"? We dunno... But we have been saying, for several years now, that we know a change MUST be made, but it must be at the right time.

But HOW do you know when the time is right? 

I guess you just know.

I have lived in Texas for 22 (?) years. And in my current home for 12. I have lived here longer than I've lived anywhere, at the same address, ever in my whole life.

Every year, as summer approaches, we're faced with this question. Is this the year? Do we stay? Do we go?  Really, it's never been a matter of if, but when. When we will finally take the leap of faith, and move back to my beloved Savannah. Start a new life. Be close to family. 

We thought last year was going to be the time to do it. But we let fear of the unknown stop us. Time and again, year after year. And now, here we are again.

But this year is different. This year, it is going to happen. Now is the time.

My last visit home June, 2011







8 comments:

Paula said...

Yeah! I'm very happy for you. Sadly I will never get back home to North Dakota. And that's okay. I'm old now and not rich enough to just fly down on a whim to see kids and grandkids. Or fly them up to see us. So I will stay here. Besides the hubby would NEVER go back there to live after 4 years in the military there. If I could I would go spend a couple of months there in the summer but alas still not enough money for that.

Sandra Davis said...

Now IS the time and I am beyond thrilled. I cannot wait to have yall nearby..it is going to be fabulous...prayer answered...a dream come true. Love you both and can't wait to hug you!
♡♡♡♡♡♡ Love Mom

LunaTechChick said...

I hear ya Paula! I just don't think I can fly at all anymore. I still have that freaky deaky fear of flying that just seems to get worse & worse. We're def not rich enough for much...selling a house seems to be the way to get it done for us. We always seem to have a yearning for "back home" don't we? I hope you get to get back there for at least a visit, even a brief one. =)

LunaTechChick said...

YES IT IS, MOM! We are very excited. Nervous, but excited. Everyone just pray that our closing goes smoothly & nothing derails it. Cause our bags are packed!!! Well, almost...but we're pretty damn packed up. And ready. Ready, ready, ready, ready! I need that hug. <3 <3 <3

Anonymous said...

Awesome, yes, now is the time! And that I love this post's title goes without saying....

LunaTechChick said...

Hey CC! Yeah, I knew you'd dig on that one! Yeah, you can take the girl outta Savannah, but you can't take Savannah outta the girl. And I realize I'm a bit old to be referring to myself as "girl". Lol!!!

Rebecca said...

Wow this is huge and exciting!! I say you go where your heart leads you. There is nothing like "home." It doesn't matter how many years you've been away from it, it will always be home. This is how I feel about DR where I was born and raised (lived there for 14 years). I can't go back though. Not only is it hard to survive there but I no longer have my mama and she was the main reason I had a home. But it will forever live in my heart.

I have been wanting to move to another state (California) but it would be a hard decision. NY is too expensive!! Not that Cali is not but at least I feel happier when I am there. Nothing keeping here in NY, really, except Sloan my hospital. They do have a location in Cali. Hmmm...stop inspiring me! (Don't stop!)

I am very happy for you. This is wonderful and you deserve to be happy.

Good luck!! xoxo

LunaTechChick said...

Thanks so much Rebecca! I am beyond excited! It IS huge & a long time coming. Get thee to a place where your heart is happy. My new motto. :)